Get the best skills guidance on the market with Perry and Potter’s Clinical Nursing Skills & Techniques, 9th Edition (ePub). Known for its clear and comprehensive coverage of over 200+ advanced, intermediate and skills, this widely respected, bestselling textbook features nearly 1,000 full-color drawings and photographs, step-by-step instructions with rationales, a nursing process framework, and a focus on critical thinking and evidence-based practice. This latest 9th edition also includes new coverage of patient-centered care and safety guidelines, an enhanced emphasis on QSEN core competencies, and an expanded clinical focus with specialized Teach-Back, Clinical Debriefs, and sample documentation throughout. Written by the highly respected author team of Anne Griffin Perry, Patricia A. Potter, and Wendy Ostendorf, this textbook offers all the tools and guidance you need to perform nursing skills with complete confidence!
- Online checklists and video clips may be downloaded to mobile devices.
- Comprehensive coverage includes 200+ basic, intermediate, and advanced nursing skills.
- Streamlined procedural guidelines format makes it easy to learn and review basic nursing skills.
- NEW! Sample documentation for every skill often includes notes by exception in the SBAR format.
- An expert team of authors and contributors include some of the most respected individuals in the nursing field.
- Framework on the 5-step nursing process gives context for specific skills and their role within overall client care.
- Clinical Decision Points within skills address key safety issues or possible skill modifications for specific patient needs.
- Video clip icons indicate video clips that are related to skills and procedures in the ebook and related lessons in Nursing Skills Online.
- UNIQUE! Unexpected Outcomes and Related Interventions sections highlight what might go wrong and how to appropriately intervene.
- NEW! SI units and using generic drug names are used throughout the textbook to ensure content is appropriate for Canadian nurses as well.
- NEW! Streamlined theory content in each chapter features a quick, easy-to-read bullet format to help reduce repetition and emphasize the clinical focus of the ebook.
- Rationales for each skill step incorporate the latest research findings and explain why steps are performed in a specific way, including their clinical significance and benefit.
- UNIQUE! Using Evidence in Nursing Practice chapter covers the entire process of conducting research, including evaluating, collecting, and applying evidence from published research.
- NEW! Clinical Debriefs are case-based review questions at the end of each chapter that focus on issues such as managing conflict, care prioritization, patient safety, and decision-making.
- Coverage of QSEN core competencies incorporates the areas of delegation and collaboration; safety guidelines; reporting and recording; and teaching, pediatric, geriatric, and home care considerations into lessons.
NOTE: This purchase only includes the Clinical Nursing Skills and Techniques 9th edition ePub ebook. A converted PDF is also available for buyers (on request). No media or online access is included with the sale.